DECEMBER 15, 2018 on the Festival Grounds
RULES AND PROCEDURES
1. There are FOUR categories to choose from to enter the contest. They are:
INDIVIDUAL: CHILD (5-10 YRS.) YOUTH (11-17 YRS.)
FAMILY: (Parent(s)/Child(ren), Grandparent(s)/Grandchild(ren)
YOUTH GROUP: (School, Church, Day Care, Cub/Boy/Girl Scouts, 4-H)
2. There is an entry fee of $5.00. The entry form and entry fee must be received by The Festival of the Bonfires no later than
December 15, 2018 at 11 am.
3. All category entries must be on a sturdy base NO LARGER than 18” x 18”. All bonfires must be no larger than 15 inches tall, which does include base. The entire display, except the base, may use any MATERIALS. Use creativity. Examples of materials include, but are not limited to: wood, tree sticks, popsicle sticks, pencils, Styrofoam, drum sticks, craft sticks, etc.”
5. Please attach a 3 x 5 index card under the display with your name(s), phone number, category and e-mail address.
6. Entries will be judged on creativity/originality and decoration detail. Each category will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner. There will be one GRAND PRIZE winner. Only one trophy awarded to a group category.
7. All completed contest entry forms and bonfires must arrive at the Festival of the Bonfire grounds on Saturday, December 15, 2018 between the hours of 9:00 AM-11:00 AM. Judging will begin shortly after. All rulings by the judges are final. Winners and awards will be announced at a designated time.
8. We ask you leave your entry on display until Sunday at 6:00 PM for public viewing. The Festival reserves the right to photograph entries for promotional purposes. The Festival reserves the right not to exhibit those entries deemed inappropriate or those that deteriorate. Entries not picked up after 6:00 PM on Sunday night will be distributed or discarded as the Festival chooses.
9. You may contact the chairperson-Jamie Vicknair- at 504-491-4274 with any questions. E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.